I thought the theme for our Law ball this year sucked – ”Ball of Zulu”, a Safari theme. Not elegant and classy at all! But I must say, it turned out to be the best ball I’ve ever been to!
How it’s different to the previous high school balls I’ve been to:
- All the girls were better dressed for some reason.
- No partner this year. Don’t have enough guy friends in law.
- Rather than looking at young, childish girls and boys, now it’s maturer ladies and gentlemen.
- Our high school used to hold balls at the Auckland museum and the train station with bad-ass food. But the Law balls are sponsored by large law firms so we pay a lower price for a grand hotel and high quality food.
Three-course dinner beginning with the best smoked salmon entree I’ve ever had, moved on to an eye-fillet steak main, and finished with a luxurious dessert plate!
Best-dressed guy no doubt!
The gorrrrgeous girls of the night. Indoors and outdoors!
And probably the best I’ve looked all year with my highly-complimented feather fascinator. *is being vain and self-conceited*
For more photos go to my Flickr!
First time I tried red lipstick all year and now I really like it. So I’ve moved on from the baby high school stuff, and uni is definitely better now.
Well except… When it comes to exams. I have lots of things to say, but I don’t have the time to say, so if I blog any time more between now and 13 November, they’ll have lots of phone camera pictures and little writing. No objections? And by that time I hope Obama would be the new controller of the world.
- Law School Beauty Pageant 2008
- A good-things round-up of a bad 2011
- Academia has taken a toll on my creativity
- End of 2007 for university
- My life is complete