Despite all the ranting about losing my creative juices, I figured that trying to revive them while there are remnants is better than waiting till there are none left.
I have written stories before. But they were all mystery thriller psychopathic ones that made me freak out so bad I couldn’t muster the courage to walk over to my bed to sleep. So for a change, this time it’s a fantasy.
- I love World of Warcraft, but I can’t stand most of the people who played.
- I have a hidden knack in drawing and designing fantasy ancient-style Tolkien-style maps.
- Always wanted to write a love story involving myself.
But, it’s not going to be a love story, it’s not a fanfiction, it’s not going to be a copy of anything, it’s going to be original (or as original as what I have in my head).
So here’s my invitation to you: Would you like to be a character in it? And here is some info to help you decide.
- Humans: need I say much?
- Elves: long ears, naturally releases a calming effect on those around them, sexy, seductive.
- Dwarves: short but stocky, good with orientation, lots of hair.
- Orcs: humans “contaminated” by demons, physically strongest out of these four races, tough skin, sociable, loves drinking.
Any of the above 4 could be good or evil. Strictly evil ones are Demons and Ogres. Other minor races include Goblins, Gnomes, Leprechauns.
Don’t assume things e.g. orcs are always bad and ugly. There will be some smokin’ hot orcs in my story.
- Magician: staves, wands, magic carpets, teleport, makes potions and enchantments, specialises in fire or ice, upgrades to Sorcerer.
- Priest: peaceful, healing, defence magic, hypnotise, mind control, makes herbal medicine, crafts silk and satin, upgrades to Higher Priest.
- Knight: swords, axes, polearms, blacksmiths, engineers, upgrades to Black Knight.
- Hunter: bows, crossbows, guns, daggers and axes as back up, communicates with animals, hunts and crafts animal skins and leather out of vicious untameable animals, upgrades to Sniper.
- Rogue: daggers, knives, throwing “things”, spiky fist armour, smart and cunning (usually), makes poisons, seller of secrets, upgrades to Assassin.
Starting Plot Keywords
Palace, witch, magic, man, rape, revenge, baby, war, fire, seal, hunter, … Keywords are in order. Can anyone string up the story?
That’s probably the briefest information extracted from my current story plan (intended to be unreadable).
A lot of my main characters have already been decided, who’re my closest bunch of friends. But since they’re mostly male, I have a handful of major spots for girls. Even after the main roles, I have a truckload of more minor roles.
So if you want to take part, give me any preferences you have for race, class, good/evil, gender, even hair colour, eyes, personality, suggestion for your character’s name etc. Or you can provide no preferences at all and let me decide.
Here are some things I won’t guarantee, however:
- That you’ll definitely get a role. Especially if I have never talked to you before.
- That if you do get a role, it’ll portray your real person.
- That you’ll get any of your preferences. A fantasy story is no fantasy story when there are 60 human mages up against nothing else.
- That any of the information provided above will stay as is.
- That the story will be any good.
- That I’ll finish this story in the next 10 years, or ever, since I’m aiming for a novel and the world is ending in 2012.
If you wish, once I come up with a profile of your character I can let you know what it’s like. Although this is not definite, because if you get an important role I might decide to keep you as a secret. ;)